HELP!! Questions on parenting adolescents
Hi everyone. I'm doing an assignment about parenting adolescents for a class. I'm interested in hearing anything anyone has to say about the
following questions. Please feel free to respond to each another as
well. I figured this would also give everyone a chance to reflect on
raising their children.. and who doesn't like talking about their
1. What are the biggest joys, as well as challenges, in parenting teens?
2. What types of disputes do you experience with your teen?
3. What coping mechanisms do you use to deal with these disputes?
4. What are your feelings about your teen getting into steady romantic
relationships? What guidelines or rules will you (or have you)
5. What are your feelings about your teen and part-time work?
6. What types of changes have your experienced as a result of parenting a teen?
7. What are your feelings about the friends of your teens? Do you have
guidelines or expectancies that you share with your teen regarding
8. Do you feel that your teen respects your decisions? Why or why not?
9. Do you feel that being a teen is more or less stressful than your own teen experience?
10. What words of advice would you give to an individual just starting to parent a teen?