Parenting Questions - Survey for Class
I am a college student conducting a small research experiment. For my class, I am assigned to join a parenting discussion board to ask current parents about the issues of raising teens. If you would like, please answer the questions below and add any additional comments or information.
I will be writing a short paper about your responses and comparing them to other parents who answer. It is not necessary for you to provide any personal information, such as your name or email address. I simply need a few answers!
Thank you for your time!!!
1. Do you live in a rural, urban, or suburban area? How does this location challenge you as a parent?
2. What types of disputes do you experience with your teen?
3. What methods have you developed to help handle these disputes?
4. What are your feelings about your teen getting into steady romantic relationships? What guidelines or rules will you (or have you) established?
5. What are your feelings about your teen and part-time work?
6. How do you feel your life is changed now that your child is a teen?
7. What are your feelings about the friends of your teens? Do you have guidelines or expectancies that you share with your teen regarding their friends?
8. Do you feel that your teen respects your decisions? Why or why not?
9. Do you feel that being a teen today is more stressful than your own teen experience? Why or why not?
10. What words of advice would you give to an individual just starting to parent a teen?
11. If you have other children, how does your teen get along with his/her sibling(s)?
12. How have you dealt with your teen growing more independent? Do you embrace his/her independence or feel that it is rebellious?
13. If you are a single parent, how does this affect your relationship with your teen?
14. What are some challenges that you didn’t expect that have come with raising a teen?
15. Again, thank you for your time! If you have anything else to add, please do so!!! :)