kfrazier's picture
kfrazier

Due date October 2014!

I am a mom of 3 already. Ages 5,3, and 1 1/2. I am pregnant with my fourth child. My due date is October 20th, 2014. Any other moms out there with October 2014 due dates????

MrsT2U's picture
MrsT2U
Hi! I'm due October 16th with my first! I've had one miscarriage (blighted ovum) about 6 years ago, so I'm a little nervous with this one. I'm really excited and praying all goes well! I have a doctor's appointment on Friday and hopefully will have good news to share. In the mean time, dealing with a horribly disgusting taste in my mouth, nausea, mood swings, fatigue, and just an overall sense of restlessness. How about you?
kfrazier's picture
kfrazier
I haven't had the horrible taste this time around. is it like metallic? Because i had that with my first. I found that drinking lemonade took that away pretty quick for me though. I've had lots of nausea and I'm also super tired all the time!! Restlessness for me only comes at night. How exciting its your first!! Congratulations! I'm sorry about your miscarriage. I hope all goes well at your first appt. My fingers are crossed for you :) I'm sure all will be well. if you have any questions or just want to talk, I'm always here!
ynoble's picture
ynoble
Hi, I'm due Oct. 2. MrsT2U, congratulations! I've found that symptoms are a positive sign. Good luck with Friday's appointment. I'm going onto 12 weeks tomorrow and my symptoms have started to calm down. Thank goodness, but now I'll probably be wondering if the baby is ok every day! Can't win either way. Wishing you both a happy and healthy pregnancy.
flipper's picture
flipper
Hi everyone! This is my first baby! I'm due October 11. I am a week and a half away from telling the world that I'm pregnant. I have a big gala function to go to this weekend and I'm having trouble with my dress selection.... I have a wee baby bump. very noticeable in a dress!!! How do I eliminate the stress of worrying about people knowing??? Congrats to all of us gals due in October! I am super excited about this journey :)
kfrazier's picture
kfrazier
Flipper- You're always going to have that subconcious fear of how people will react. I'm sure most people will be as excited as you are that you're expecting. Just take a deep breath and relax. and make sure you don't make the announcement until you are 100% ready. You shouldn't have to stress over something so minute, which i know is hard to think since we all do. I'm sure everything will be fine and that everyone will be just as excited as you! Best of luck to you and all of us due in October!
flipper's picture
flipper
Thank you Kfrazier! I appreciate you taking the time to read my post and respond. I will be able to come out with my news next week.... when I know Im fully safe. I guess my question is... is telling people one week before my 2nd trimester starts safe to do? I understand my stressing is really over something minute... And once I come out I will be able to strop trying to 'hide it' lol
kfrazier's picture
kfrazier
Flipper, i suppose that really depends on you. I've had to tell people before my second trimester because of my symptoms. But i know a lot of woman that have suffered miscarriages and losses are more hesitant. It just depends on you and what makes you comfortable. I don't believe there's a "right" time to tell people. It just has to be the "right" time for you! And you're very welcome! My fingers are crossed for you :)
MrsT2U's picture
MrsT2U
Hi ladies. I hope everyone is doing well. I have my appointment today at 1pm, but I woke up this morning to some light spotting that has become a little darker the last time I checked. I'm so worried. I have had a few twinges and cramps here and there, and last night I felt like I had gas pains, but I just don't know what's normal and what is not. Has anyone else had any spotting? It's not bright red but more brownish dark red, and only when I wipe (sorry if TMI). I've been looking things up online, but I think I'm just a nervous wreck right now! My doctor's appointment is in an hour and a half....so.... I guess I'll just sit here and stare at the clock until it's time to go. lol I'm just praying that this is normal. :(
kfrazier's picture
kfrazier
MRST2U- generally spotting is normal as long as its not heavy bleeding, has clots, or is bright red or along with menstrul like cramps. However i would still consult doctor as its beter to be safe than sorry. M
MrsT2U's picture
MrsT2U
Thanks for the response Kfrazier! I appreciate you! I went to the doctor and everything looked great! I saw my growing peanut! He (for some reason it just seems like a he to me) was so cute! He had little legs and feet and a nose and a perfect little heart beat of 165bpm. I was so relieved! The doc says I was actually measuring at 10 weeks 5 days instead of 10 weeks, so he's growing strong! She also said the blood was old blood and could be anything from left over implantation bleeding to just a little blood due to my body stretching and growing. Either way, we're all good! How's everyone else feeling and/or doing?