SraNegrete's picture
SraNegrete

Due Date Buddies: January 2014

Hi! I just did a pregnancy test on Saturday, May 18th and it was positive! Just wondering if anyone else out there is newly pregnant and expecting in January 2014. How did you find out? How did you tell your partner? Have you told friends and family yet? Have you been to a doctor and what happened at your appointment? Are you a first-time mom or do you already have children? Tell us your story!! And, if anyone has a question, we'll have a great resource here to contact other women in roughly the same stage of pregnancy. I know that I'd love to talk to other women due when I am! =)

Kell's picture
Kell
Hi, I'm due 12th January 2014. This will be number 4 for me. I have a 13 year old son a 10 year old daughter and a 2.5 year old daughter. Everyone is very excited. We had been trying for a couple of months when i did a test when my period was a day or two late. The previous week i had been unusually emotional and had a sore hip and back which i haven't had since i was last pregnant. Now I'm 6 weeks, i get tired easily, morning sickness has made an arrival and this hip is still giving me grief (pretty sure its hormone related) but will be mentioning it to the Dr in my first checkup either this week or next. I usually run 10 - 15 kilometers a week for fitness but that has not been happening, i had forgotten how bad the first trimester was......oh well natures way!
SraNegrete's picture
SraNegrete
Hi Kell! First of all, congrats!! Sounds like you have a wonderful family and I'm really impressed with how much you run, especially being a busy mom! That's awesome. I'm in decent shape, but you have me beat for sure!! =) And good luck with those symptoms! Well, I haven't told my story yet so here goes. I'm 24 and this is my first pregnancy. I'm from West Virginia (US), but I live in Irapuato, Mexico with my husband. We've been talking about wanting kids a lot lately, and honestly, in the last few months, I went off the pill and we weren't very careful. We were just avoiding/using protection on the days that I thought I was ovulating. Well, we got a little carried away one night and I guess that one night was enough. I was surprised and very, very happy and excited when the HPT showed up positive!! (On the 11th actually, not the 18th. Typed the wrong date in the original post) We're both so thrilled! I think I should be due January 18th. =)
SraNegrete's picture
SraNegrete
I also have a question/concern (just in case anyone has anything comforting or even distracting to offer haha). I had only noticed white discharge up until now, but today, a few times when I've wiped, I've noticed some brownish discharge. I'd say it's a little bit of old blood mixed in with my normal discharge. As I'm sure you understand perfectly, I'm already quite attached to my little guy/girl and any blood at all is a little scary for me. I haven't had any cramps though and no bleeding other than the brown discharge I mentioned. Just to be safe, I made an appointment with my gynocologist for tomorrow. I'll update when I know more about what's going on. =) Anyway, I'm glad that Kell started us off with the first comment. So great to talk to other ladies due around my own due date.
SraNegrete's picture
SraNegrete
Hi there, just wanted to update that the spotting is apparently innocent so far. The doctor did a vaginal ultrasound, so we got to see the baby for the first time, although he/she is just a little sac for now. Anyway, he said everything looked good. =) Hope everyone's pregnancies are going well!
SraNegrete's picture
SraNegrete
Hi there, just wanted to update that the spotting is apparently innocent so far. The doctor did a vaginal ultrasound, so we got to see the baby for the first time, although he/she is just a little sac for now. Anyway, he said everything looked good. =) Hope everyone's pregnancies are going well!
Kell's picture
Kell
I hope all goes well for you SraNegrete, hopefully its just a bit of left over implantation blood? I know any sign of blood is scary. When i was 8 week with my first i freaked out when i saw bright red blood which turned out to be hemorrhoids. I live in Albury NSW (Australia) and am 35, Im also a Registered Nurse. My hip hasn't been bothering me the past two days so hopefully it wont come back i even managed a run last night! Fingers crossed for you SraNegrete!!
Kell's picture
Kell
That's great to hear!
kat2014's picture
kat2014
Hi ladies! SraNegrete, I am due the same day as you! How crazy is that? I found out on the 16th, missed my period by 5 days, and although my husband and I were DEFINITELY trying, we only just started trying this past month! Very exciting, but scary too - this is my first, I'm new to everything, and so far things seem ok. No morning sickness, but my boobs - holy cow they are sore. I also have on and off lower back pain which isn't great for work. I am usually a runner but tried to run today and was so out of breath! First time that's happened, apparently it's normal because now my little nugget needs some of my oxygen as well. Anyway, looking forward to hearing your updates, and yours too Kell!
xbubbles6679x's picture
xbubbles6679x
My name is Laura and I am due on January 11. I'm 26 and both my husband and I decided we would like to start trying for a child (its our first).Well, we tried for ONE week and conceived. I was very surprised because it took my mother 11 years to get pregnant with me! She was told she could not have children.I have been blessed.I am 7 weeks today. I have mild nausea off and on, no throwing up yet,though.I am constantly nervous about having a misscarriage because I have read so many things online that say you aren't really safe until the first trimester is over.If any of you have read that also, STOP. All it does is cause stress,I know. I had my first appointment 2 weeks ago and just had an exam,I go back a week from Monday and pray I can hear a heartbeat. I will feel much better then. The most annoying thing so far about being pregnant is the nausea and abdominal cramping (both are normal),thank goodness.Hope everyone's pregnancy's are going as planned and everyone is healthy=)
Hammond's picture
Hammond
I'm 22 and due on the 21st of January. I live in New Zealand. My period was late by 8 days but it didn't even occur to me that I may be pregnant until I had a dream and my flatmate psyched me out saying I could be. So the next morning I did a test and I'm having a baby! I just found out on Thursday and it's Sunday now, so very exciting and new. I told the father on Thursday and he's freaking out and won't talk to me about it. So far I've just been sleeping all the time and feel quite nauseous but still constantly hungry and dehydrated?! I get cramps as well, mostly when I'm about to sleep, but no spotting or anything so it must just be the uterus growing. I have my first appointment on Wednesday and I'll be 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant by then. I was told I couldn't have kids and I was on the pill, so I guess the universe really wanted me to have a baby, so I'm going to do everything I can to stay healthy and fit so nothing bad happens to bubs. I'd be devastated.